Anaerobic Digester

Anaerobic Digester
(http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/fair/)

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gas Production

My medium-scale digester is now in progress. I added about 3 liters of cow manure into the digester container the other day to let the process begin. My digester has not created any methane as of now because the bacteria must consume all of the available oxygen first. I am hoping to see methane production begin later this week.

The design and construction plans that I used worked very well and the system is very manageable. I don't have to worry about any of it spilling or leaking in my house. The last time I exchanged email between an employee of the Pembina Institute, he said that a copper pipe that has the end of it crushed to form a small hole will work just fine for the gas jet that I will use in place of a Bunsen burner. (The original plans had the outlet hose connect directly to a Bunsen burner).

No comments:

Anaerobic Digester Design

Anaerobic Digester Design
This picture was taken from Paul Harris of The University of Adelaide in Roseworthy, South Australia, Australia. (http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/fair/.)